Friday, February 9, 2018

Getting ready for Christmas!

I'm hoping we can keep this tradition going for a few more years...until poor Kyle's shoulders can't handle it anymore. We always have one of the kids put the star on the tree.
My children have had perfect attendance so far (knock on wood) and very good grades. I let them pick dinner one night, and we went to the Derby. It was delicious! As you can see, Carter really enjoyed his ribs!
We had breakfast at the KC one lovely Sunday, and then went around Uptown to check out the ice sculptures. This xylophone outside the Headframe was pretty awesome.
People are very creative. I wouldn't have thought about this in a million years.
Santa and Mrs. Claus came to Emerson to drop off school T-shirts for everyone. I snuck into Teague's class for a couple pictures.
He was very polite and in awe of them.
We went to the Emerson Christmas Party that night and had a blast! I'm lucky to work with great people.
Callie is totally awesome and kept the kiddos for us that night. She is the best! They had a great time swimming in the hotel pool.
We went to the Thor movie the next day. It was hilarious! I had to take a quick picture of the trees behind the mall. The frost on them looked so cool!
Cookie decorating. Kyle found a bunch of tips and bags at JoAnn's fabric, and Jordan found a bunch of awesome sprinkles. I think they looked pretty great this year!
I don't trust Teague to not lean up against the table in a white shirt.
Ave and Jord always stick it out until the very end.
Three goofy boys who absolutely can't look at me at the same time.
Carter is not in a gang, no matter what these pictures seem to show.
Christmas program time! Mr. Teagie Pie looked very dapper in his shirt and tie.
They got to wear sunglasses for the "Hip Hop Reindeer" song. They are very hip.
Miss Boo is in the second row from the top, second one in. She looked lovely as always.
There is my Carterman. He actually really enjoys music. His songs were stuck in his head.
She wore her Christmas dress from last year. That is our usual M.O.
The morning was too crazy to get a picture, so I took a quick one after school. Carter was at a friend's house. Here's Ave with the sweater on...
And sweater off.
There is my Carterman. He was looking good.
We let them open one present early before we made the trek to Sunburst. They all got some new books, which they dug right into. I'm very happy that they like to read!
The trip to Sunburst was pretty slow going. I think it took us 6 hours. Slow and steady is the way to go though.

No comments:

July - August 2019

My friend Michelle was in town from Las Vegas. Her brother and sister-in-law always have a fun barbecue for everyone here in town. Dana, Jas...