Monday, October 17, 2016

Fall is here

I know I haven't done this for awhile. I haven't taken many pictures lately unfortunately. Here are a few though. With volleyball almost done and Halloween coming up, I'll be better! There are two houses on Garrison St. by Emerson with tons of leaves. We had to take a few pictures while walking home one nice fall day.
They were throwing the leaves up in the air, and I was trying to get some good shots of them coming down.
This one kills me! Teague's jump and the leaf right over Ave's eye are just too perfect!
These two are fairly good at posing!
Every time I get out the Halloween decorations, Teague is so excited to see the orange skeleton. He really does love this thing. He even brought it to one of Carter's football games!
Sleeping with three of his buddies- Crockie, Skeleton, and Darth Vader.
We have had a lot of rain, wind, and fog lately. None of that stops Laney from enjoying her walk.
We walked to school with the Orediggers a couple weeks ago. The athletes were very nice, and it was kind of a cool morning to walk. The mist was very brisk and mysterious.
Teague will climb up any steps he can to jump off.
My girl and her curls. Whenever it is wet out, she gets the best ringlets. Mine just becomes an afro.
A beautiful game up at Copper Mountain. Carter's team (in blue) is watching Ethan's kick go through the uprights. He's a very good kicker. They are having a lot of fun and have won their last three games! Good job Coach Kyle.
Carter had three birthday parties last weekend - his friends Sam, Tre, and Nate. I took the other two to Connor and Austin's party. I can't believe they are 13 and 11 - crazy! Nate's mom sent me this picture. Carter is quite intrigued by Nate's motorcycle.
This kid sleeps in the weirdest ways. For instance, here he is with his hand down his pants. He's my little Al Bundy.
I've been reading my Grandma's old Ed McBain 87th Precinct books. They are so good! I found this built in ad inside one of them. I just thought it was kind of interesting. I wonder when they stopped advertising in books - especially for cigarettes! This was published in 1956.
We had our first snow last week. My kids were very happy about it. Ave got to wear her new size 7 winter coat that Grandma Burgman found last year. She looked super cute in it.
Teague was obviously pretty happy too! He pulled his hat so far back he looked bald.
Carterman was ready to play some snowy football at recess.
Ave wrote a quick story before bed the other night with some stickers she found in her Highlights magazine. It made me laugh. She's very creative!
She said it's the messiest handwriting she's ever done. Hopefully you get the gist of it. Teague liked it too!
Ave was a huge help yesterday. She helped Papa and I clean out the old flowers and rake. Carter came out for two seconds at the end.
They are pretty good kids. Teague tried to help but really just wanted to sweep dirt!
Jordan and I made some pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting yesterday. It turned out perfectly! I don't really like pumpkin pie, but pumpkin cookies, bread, muffins, and pancakes are delicious!

No comments:

July - August 2019

My friend Michelle was in town from Las Vegas. Her brother and sister-in-law always have a fun barbecue for everyone here in town. Dana, Jas...