Monday, August 14, 2017

Philipsburg and More!

Teague and Duke have a love/hate relationship. Teague just is a little scared of all dogs I think. This is pretty cute though.
Our buddy Callie came for another adventure with us. We all decided to make a day trip to Philipsburg. Ave looked smashing in this ensemble.
A quick pic outside their famous candy store.
Oh yeah, they loaded up on plenty of goodies.
We panned for sapphires and other gems. I can't believe we've never done this before. We loved it!
Cleaning out some of the gravel.
Kyle helped Teague. He really liked to shake his tray in the water!
Carter found a huge amethyst first thing!
He was very careful picking through it.
So was Teague. I think the tweezers might have been his favorite thing.
Boo was meticulous. That didn't surprise me at all.
Teague and Daddy found lots of amethysts, garnets, peridots, and prehistoric teeth together!
My girl and I did well too. We found two cuttable sapphires!
They all got geodes sawed open after we were done panning. It was so much fun!
As if candy wasn't enough, we all enjoyed some ice cream.
I love this picture. Callie and Avery are gorgeous!
We stopped at the playground before we left town. I love this action photo of Ave and Kyle after Carterman!
We made a quick stop to throw some rocks in Georgetown lake. It's such a pretty spot.
Back to the Splash Pad. I'm so glad Teague enjoyed it this year!
Getting ready to run into the splash...
Almost there...
Nailed it!
Twinsies! This kills me!
We decided to head up to Thompson Park for a hike. These guys are good sports.
I, of course, couldn't get them all to look at me at the same time.
We made it to the top. I believe my Snapchat said we were at 6900 ft up.
An old quartz pit. There are some huge chunks up there still.
Happy 30th Birthday to my brother. We had a nice dinner and some pie for him. I wish he were here more than anything, but I'm glad we are keeping this tradition going. It's what he would have wanted I think.
These nerds are going to be a mess when school starts. They can sleep forever. Teague is all over the place too. He is impossible to sleep with!

No comments:

July - August 2019

My friend Michelle was in town from Las Vegas. Her brother and sister-in-law always have a fun barbecue for everyone here in town. Dana, Jas...