Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Canyon Ferry!

Happy Birthday to my Dad! I call him "the man who will barbeque in any weather!" We had a delicious dinner of steak, chicken, potatoes, and beer battered mushrooms. Yum!
 Our old neighbors Dick and Diane Trerise (the Principal and dance teacher when we lived in Lincoln) invited us up to their house in Canyon Ferry. I haven't been there since I was 18. Their house is gorgeous, and the kids loved their beach!
The water was so warm. They started out a little timid.
Carterman trying out the water.
Teague quite enjoyed when a boat came by and made waves.
The Trerises have 10 grandchildren so there were plenty of fun water toys and lifejackets.
Carter loved the kayaks. So did I! They were really sturdy and the leg part was open. They have a nice private cove you can turn around in. Carter probably went 20 times.
He loved it!
Ave was quite a fan too. You could see her little arm muscles flexing.
Jumping off the dock is always fun!
Carterman getting some air!
Teague took some time out of the water to be our chef.
Diane, Mom, and two goofy boys.
Dick took us for a ride in the boat. I forgot how huge Canyon Ferry is. Teague was nervous at first.
Then he moved to the front and wanted to go fast. They loved it!
Diane took the kids on the jet-ski one at a time. The Trerises are awesome people! I swam and kayaked, but I didn't feel comfortable taking the jet-ski out.
Carterman giving me a wave!
She and Ave went way out!
Little Boo on the back!
Teague holding on tight.
My little man had a blast. We all did!
Time to bury Ave!
Ave took Teague a couple times. So did I. These two were singing songs from Moana the whole time. It was quite amusing.
Helping Dick load everything back up to the house for a delicious dinner. We were very spoiled.
These horrible fires are only good for one thing: cool sunsets. This was our view as we were leaving. I can't thank the Trerises enough. It was one of their favorite days ever!

No comments:

July - August 2019

My friend Michelle was in town from Las Vegas. Her brother and sister-in-law always have a fun barbecue for everyone here in town. Dana, Jas...