Monday, August 14, 2017

Vegas and some July fun

Since it was Jordan's last year dancing we all decided to have a girls' trip (thanks Kyle and Dad!) to Vegas to watch. Jordan was amazing. All the dancing was pretty awesome! We snuck in a couple shows while we were there. Michael Jackson's ONE was pretty cool.
We liked all the acrobats, trampolines, light effects (in Billie Jean), and makeup (in Thriller.) I'm glad we went!
I haven't been to Vegas since I was 18. I'm glad I got to go again 18 years later and experience some shows!
We saw the fountains on the 4th of July. Getting there from Mandalay Bay was kind of difficult, but they are so pretty. Definitely worth the walk through the crowds.
We watched two songs. "One" from A Chorus Line was my favorite.
I got to see my friend Michelle! We have been friends since we were 13. I wish I could have met her baby Olivia, but it wasn't in the cards (pun intended.)
We found Jordan on the board outside the dance competition!
We met Erica's friend Katie, her husband, and our buddy Leena (who was also down there on vacation) at Top Golf. It was a neat building and had good food. Unfortunately, we all suck at golf!
A nice selfie of Erica and Callie in Caesar's Palace.
Our Beatles picture. It was Sargent Pepper's 50th Anniversary! That's crazy.
These are all out of order. We all shared pictures with each other later. Oh well! Here is Kels and I in the forum shops.
We loved our little foot high pool at Harrah's. We sat outside every morning to beat the 113 degree temperatures!
In front of the Bellagio. Like I said, a bit out of order.
This is a cute picture.
Pool pic #1
Pool pic #2 - Man, we had fun together!
Kelsie snuck a picture of Jordan during her trio. She's lucky she didn't get booted out. Jord, Chelbe, and Maggie's trio was so pretty. It scored really well. All of DD&TA's dances did well. They had 4 make it to the gala.
Erica and Mom about to enjoy some spiked, super fancy milkshakes.
Kels and I decided to have a beer instead. We're boring.
I love this thing outside the Beatles' show. It's constantly changing colors.
I wasn't going to go to the show, but we decided we could do it. I'm so so glad we did. I absolutely loved every second of it.
Oh George, he was so wise.
John too.
Erica getting in on the action!
Callie and Terri with their fancy milkshakes! Terri's actually had a piece of birthday cake on the side!
After the show, which was amazing!
One more Sgt. Pepper photo. We had a blast, and I'm so glad everyone was able to go. We'll have great memories of it forever!
We're back! Link stayed with Joe, but Dad and Kyle had these five turkeys for five days. They were excellent I'm sure. Kels and Erica really looked great in those sombreros.
Erica and her handsome sons.
My little Teagie Pie. He's a ham.
Teague loves it when Papa does weird stuff like this. He remembers and talks about it forever!
Erica and Kels headed back to Watford City the next day. I took my kids up to the Folk Festival. First stop is always to get something to eat. They all wanted hot dogs (boring!) At least Carter went deluxe with some bacon and barbeque sauce. I had paella, and it was delicious! They all ended up eating some of it.
The kids section had some really cool science experiments and arts and crafts. They always do a good job up there.
We made the trek up to the Original. I love all the history in Butte. Notice the clouds in the background...
Right after they got snowcones, it poured! We were lucky to find a tent to hover under for 10 minutes.
They loved how warm the water was.
A nice pic at the Lexington gardens stage before we left.
Kyle took some pictures of the kids for me while I was gone. I love this one from the parade!
Giving Papa some loves for getting the firepit out to make S'mores. He knows what his grandkids like!
Teague really likes to char his marshmellows. Once again, a big thank you to Kyle and Dad. You guys are awesome!

No comments:

July - August 2019

My friend Michelle was in town from Las Vegas. Her brother and sister-in-law always have a fun barbecue for everyone here in town. Dana, Jas...